Today Brianne is 4 weeks old. Wow! This past month has completely vanished into thin air for me. I never "planned" on having five children, however our family didn't feel complete until Brianne arrived. After nearly twelve years, it's fun to have a little girl again. I love all the PINK! Her brothers are sure to leave their mark though. I often find Spiderman action figures or Matchbox cars in her bassinette.
Megan, of course, is a wonderful big sister. She loves to hold Brianne and dress her. Today she took care of her nearly the entire Sacrament meeting. Matthew and Jeremy always want to hold and kiss her too. Jeremy asks hourly (or so it seems), "Can I kiss your baby, Mom?" Andrew's good at finding articles that belong to Brianne, (binkies, blankets, headbands, etc.) and bringing them to me, saying, "Baby, baby".
Megan, of course, is a wonderful big sister. She loves to hold Brianne and dress her. Today she took care of her nearly the entire Sacrament meeting. Matthew and Jeremy always want to hold and kiss her too. Jeremy asks hourly (or so it seems), "Can I kiss your baby, Mom?" Andrew's good at finding articles that belong to Brianne, (binkies, blankets, headbands, etc.) and bringing them to me, saying, "Baby, baby".
It seems apropos that our last child should come in the month of March. It was eighteen years ago on St. Patrick's Day that Brent and I hung out together until 2:00 in the morning after a Church dance, and so began "us". I am grateful that we overcame all the obstacles thrown in our path and have now completed our eternal family. We are so blessed to be entrusted with these five beautiful children. Now the work truly begins, to bring them all safely back to their Heavenly Father.


6 comments:
Hi Janice and Brent,
Your Dad and I just loved your blog! The photos are great and, of course, Brianne is beautiful.
I'm so sorry I won't be able to come up this week with your Dad. I miss all of you and send you all of God's blessings.
Love, Shelley
We are so excited you have joined us in the blogging world!!! It will be such a fun way to keep updated on your family. I can't believe it has already been a month. Your kids are adorable and we can't wait to see you guys!
Yay! You have a blog! It looks great! I can't believe how much Brianne has grown already!
I am so excited you are starting a blog. They are so fun to look at and see the way kids grow. I love that our parents out of state can keep a watch on our lives and kids like they are there with us. Brianne is beautiful! I can't wait to see her soon!
Janice I think you spoke your sentiments beautifully! I look forward to being where you are soon.
Does Brianne look like Megan?
Thankful Thursday - With so many of our children living out of state, I'm thankful for cell phones, web cams, and BLOGS. You are so creative.
Post a Comment