Monday, January 11, 2010

The Promise of Enough


Just read this book this past weekend. I was so amazed by the power of the Spirit between the pages of this book.  Much to be gained from reading it, but these words still settle most deeply:
"When we find ourselves trying to refill our buckets...there are two priorities that should never be set aside.  The first is to make scripture study a daily event. The second is to increase the frequency of prayers. Our greatest desire should be to receive direction from the One who knows us best.  When these two priorities become a consistent part of our life, we will find that we are building a relaitonship with the Lord that will allow Him to communicate with us on a regular basis.  This will enable Him to give us the needed course corrections and insights as we strive to keep our buckets filled during our quest to reach our highest potential.  Giving ourselves to the Lord by utilizing the power of frequent prayer and consistent scripture study will lead us to discover the spark of greatness heaven sees in each of us."

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh Janice I haven't checked on you for awhile and you have posted like crazy!! YAY!! Love seeing your family!! I loved this post!! I went to a women's retreat thingy and Emily spoke and I fell in love with her!! She touched my heart and was soooo what I needed at the time!! My friend next to me was crying for me because she knew it was exactly what I needed!! It was so amazing!! I love her!!
Anyway I just wanted to thank you so much for bring Matt up to the hospital!! Boy did that make Tucker's day!! He loved playing video games with him!! It was so fun for him, I know it wasn't easy for you and I am sorry that I missed you!! Wish I would have been there!! I appreciate you doing that for him it meant a lot to all of us!!Thank you!! Happy New Year!!