Friday, November 14, 2008

A Love Triangle

This is the lot we'd love to build a new home on:
This is the house we own that we would love to sell; the house that Family X would love to buy:
This is the house that Family X owns; the house they would love to sell so that they could buy our house:But we can't build because we haven't been able to sell, and our buyer can't buy because they haven't been able to sell. So....we found the solution. We our going to buy Family X's home that they'd love to sell so that they could buy our home, the home they'd love to own and we'd love to sell. By so doing, we will cash out the equity in our home, allowing us to own the lot that we would love to build a new home on.
Of course we will then have to sell Family X's home. However, we won't have to stress over how long it takes to sell because we will no longer be making interest payments on a HELOC. Payments that fluctuate somewhere between half to three quarters of our current mortgage. An amount that doesn't belong in the same sentence as love.
Yay for all of us. I am very excited!!!!! And the added bonuses are: My boys will be bussed to and from school which means a significant reduction in how many times I load kids in and out of carseats each day. I will have a fully fenced in backyard which means more freedom for Andrew (and me). Megan will stop bugging me about painting her room hot pink and orange because I just might let her. And the upper story has a loft where the kids could play, watch TV, scatter their toys from here to there, spill whatever food or drink that they are not allowed to bring up there, and argue over whose turn it is on the computer.
LOVE IT!!!

4 comments:

wileyfamilyof5 said...

Janice I am so excited for you!

Melanie

{sheree} said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys!

Mandy said...

I am excited for you also!! But hey will you still be in our ward?? If not that is not exciting and we will definately be looking forward to you moving back here on your wonderful lot!!

Dancewear By Heather said...

always such the eloquent and creative story teller! The only part of this equation that does not equal LOVE is not being around the corner from you anymore (well for awhile anyway)