
It's just not the same when we're here all alone. I think the highlight of our day was wandering through Walmart. We had to get medicine for Natalie and took the long way around to the pharmaceuticals. When we returned home, we finished preparing our meal and attempted to sit down and enjoy our Thanksgiving feast. I don't think all seven of us were ever sitting down at the same time for more than a minute. We managed two drink spills and three meltdowns before Brent and I sat down together. By then, the kids were done picking at their plates and wanted to go play. In the midst of it all, Megan graced us with her keen observation, "Thanksgiving is such a weird holiday...I mean the whole day is all about eating a big meal. It's just dumb." Hmmm. Maybe we're going to have to rethink how we do this holiday in the future.
Perhaps dinner left a little to be desired....but pie time never leaves us wanting.
And it's just not Thanksgiving if Dad doesn't take his obligatory after-the-meal nap.

All in all, it really was a good day, especially when we have all of this to be thankful for:
No comments:
Post a Comment