Jeremy had determined that he knew how to cut his own apples. After one too many times of retrieving a knife to cut his apple "all by myself", I held up a knife and repeated several times to Jeremy, "Jeremy, sharp knives, no...Jeremy, sharp knives, no" This I did until I felt it had sufficiently sunk in.
The next day Jeremy, again, was getting a knife to cut his apple. I waited to see if my lesson had stuck. And then I heard him chant, "Jeremy, sharp knives, yes...Jeremy, sharp knives, yes."
I decided it would be well worth $5 to invest in an apple cutter.
We had been thoroughly enjoying this new addition to our family, when I thought how fun it would be to have caramel dip with apples for our family home evening treat this past week. Yep. You guessed it. Now the naked apples aren't enough. Here's Jeremy Appleseed in his Johnny Appleseed hat enjoying his caramel dipped apple slices.
2 comments:
My kids totally love apples too. That is all they would eat, if I would allow it. I will be cautious not to start the carmel so that they won't expect it with their apples! That is a cute picture of Jeremy!
the question is, can he actually get the apple slicer all the way through the apple? Cameron just succeedes in mutilating it and then asking me to do it :)
Post a Comment