
Our home teachers and their families came over for a BBQ. One of the wives made me my own special birthday cake.

Jeremy was so excited to light the candles, he kept following me around, asking me how old I wanted to be. Hmmm....good question. Matthew informed me that they used every last candle we had. Brent added that the number 2 had to represent two candles or there wouldn't have been enough. It took FOREVER to light them all, not only because there was so many, but because all the little ones kept blowing them out before they were done.

I was trying to hold Natalie back so she wouldn't get burned. Poor thing has such a worried look on her face! Don't worry baby girl, they accumulate one candle at a time, and you still have half a year before you get your first one.
My Birthday Bouquet
I am always greeted by something this beautiful every year. I remember when Brent first bought me this vase several years ago. He cut a flower out of construction paper with the words, "I hope your life and this vase are always filled with something beautiful. " :) How prophetic!
No comments:
Post a Comment