Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday - A Good Night's Sleep (and the drugs that make it possible)

I remember a job interview I had not too many years ago. I was being interviewd by a group of staff members at a day clinic, one being a recent BYU grad who was still a bachelor. As one last question he wanted to know what my passion in life was. The first response that came to my mind? An uninterrupted night of sleep. I can't remember what "right" answer I gave him, but I'm sure it was far from the truth.
Going through the newborn phase again keeps my passion for an uninterrupted night of sleep burning strong. Natalie has been suffering from acid reflux, resulting in weight loss and lack of sleep for both us. She is now sleeping through the night, and gained nearly half a pound in two weeks thanks to the wonders of antacids.
In the midst of resolving Natalie's problem, my allergies kicked in high gear. Antihistamines temporarily alleviated my symptoms. And then I began struggling with shortness of breath and annoying coughing attacks that interrupted my recently acquired good night's sleep. I finally went to the urgent care and benefited from a breathing treatment, antibiotics, and an inhaler.
A healthy dose of continuous hours of sleep does wonders for the psyche!

2 comments:

The Ririe's said...

Sounds like my house! Acid reflux and breathing treatments. Hope you get feeling better soon and get some sleep!

Dancewear By Heather said...

that's a really cute picture, you should make it in Sepia and frame it!