Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Miss Natalie's Half Birthday

Our little angel is already six months old today. She's growing, growing, growing....but not as quickly as the doctor would like her to be. I took Natalie in for her 4 month check up (7 weeks late-oops!) and found out she dropped from the 25th percentile to the 5th percentile in weight. Later when I was filing her growth chart, I compared it to her 2 month check up. She had only gained 2lbs. 2 oz. in nearly four months. The doctor prescribed Zantac and Prevacid as she had been spitting up quite a bit. Oh-she shouldn't be doing that anymore? Within 2-3 days of taking the medication she pretty much stopped regurgitating. And an added bonus, started sleeping through the night. So I guess I won't be getting the Mom of the Year Award.
The good news is that she's developing normally in all the other areas. She is getting closer to sitting up on her own. She still loves, loves, loves it when all attention is focused on her. She melts your heart with her enchanting smiles. She is very expert at raspberries. She's grabbing at objects within reach, and stretches for or wiggles towards items that catch her interest but aren't as close. And she definitely knows the lady who feeds her.
Looking forward to seeing some chub-chubs very soon. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

{sheree} said...

She is so cute! It's amazing how much older she looks-those 6 months went by really fast! Happy Half Birthday Natalie!