My "schedule" has changed and I am now taking Matthew and Jeremy to school in the morning. In dropping them off the first day, Jeremy instructed me that I was supposed to give him a kiss and a hug before he left. And then he added that I was to do the same for Matt. Other than his first day, I realized I had never taken Jeremy to school.
Later in the day Megan came home from school feeling so downhearted. I put my arms around her and the tears flowed.
I often feel overwhelmed with the responsibilities that lie upon my shoulders in raising and caring for all five of my amazing children . It's moments like these that I realize the power I have in being their mother, and then I feel strengthened.
I am reminded of the words of President Ezra Taft Benson, "Be at the crossroads. Take time to always be at the crossroads when your children are either coming or going."
So important. So very important.
2 comments:
Alan and I were just discussing how important it is that I am always home for the kids, even after they begin school...probably more important than even now. Those are such sweet moments...hope Megan is doing better!
and that is the beauty and joy of Motherhood! What a blessing
Post a Comment