I was trying to be a good mommy today by taking Andrew and Natalie to the park. Or maybe I was just avoiding all that laundry upstairs? Anyway, at our little neighborhood park there are two slides that run side by side. Andrew was having such a good time racing me and Natalie down, taking such pride in defeating us everytime. It was all fun and games until he coaxed me over to the tall slide. With much encouragement, and a little push, down I went with Natalie on my lap. As I reached the bottom, I gained a little more momentum than I had anticipated and then shot off the slide. Hoping to save Natalie from injury, I sacrificed myself, landing gracefully face down in the wood chips.
Regaining my composure, I looked down at Natalie. No tears, and completely unscathed. Just a look that seemed to say, "What were you thinking?" I arose to take a bow, but unfortunately didn't have much of an audience. I therefore had to applaud myself for my neat trick. Ta-daaaaah!
1 comment:
LOL! That sounds like something I would do! I'm glad that you and Natalie are ok though!
Post a Comment