When I saw Andrew playing out in the dirt today, for some reason it made me think of this picture I had taken of the cat a couple months back. Ali, the cat, had made herself at home in my flowerpot on the front porch. Andrew seemed to have that same "I belong here" look with his truck in the dirt. Later in the afternoon, he had gone back out to play in that same spot. This time he was really tired and looked like he could fall asleep right there in the dirt. Boys can dress a Barbie, or play house with the girls, but when it comes to dirt and trucks, it just seems to be their natural domain.

2 comments:
I don't know if I dare...my girls seems to live in the dirt these days as well. They think it is fun to shovel it onto their heads! Yeah...it's fun.
I clearly remember the day I realized I no longer had the desire to "get dirty" because it might ruin my new outfit. I guess that's the gender difference. I cared about that, and McKay cares about that, even Kaylee cares about that! But I still can't get Shawn to find any reason why he should care if his hair is combed, or his teeth are brushed. However my husband severely affirms that he NEVER liked to get dirty, (and quite frankly I believe him) so I guess he breaks the mold (or has OCD) :)
Post a Comment