Sunday, July 13, 2008
Windows of Heaven
After creating the post of Andrew looking out our bedroom window, I thought of the scripture in Malachi, "...and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it" (Malachi 3:10). And then I thought of the scripture in Matthew where Christ admonishes, "...lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor dust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal." (Matthew 6:20). Temporal sacrifice for eternal rewards. As I consider my children, and the joy we experience from just being a part of their daily existence, I realize I could never record even a fraction of what transpires. Most definitely as we parent these children, we feel the outpouring of the Lord's blessings, even so much that it feels like there is not room enough to receive it. Teacing them, loving them, guiding them, sacrificing for them...laying up for ourselves treasures in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment