Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Favorite Day

Sundays are my favorite day of the week. Although I can't say that getting five chilren ready for church by 9:00 in the morning is my favorite part of the day. As my children are getting older, I find more and more there are situations that I just don't know how to handle. I rely more heavily on the guidance of the Spirit to direct me in how to teach them, and attending my church meetings fine tunes those whisperings of the Spirit. I also like Sundays for the family time we have to enjoy being together -no laundry, no household chores, no "to-do" lists, no errands, no revolving front door, just us. And then there's my favorite weekly tradition-making a Sunday treat! It's usually Brent who heads this up, and is very patient with letting the kids "help". Last week when Brent was making cookies I heard him threatening to fire one of them. And then I heard Jeremy say, "Are you still going to fire me, Daddy? Don't fire me Dad, don't make me hurt you!" OK, that was just funny.
This week Andrew was "helping" me make a cheesecake, which means "I get to lick the beaters when you're done."

No comments: