Thursday, August 21, 2008

Catching the Wave

Mr. Matt had his first day of school today. He was such a good sport; he let me walk him to class, and he even let me hold his hand. I just love this little guy. When he walked into his new classroom, his teacher, Mr. Rob, came up to shake his hand. Matthew hesitantly shook his teacher's hand, then shyly looked away, trying to hide his dimpled grin. Just love it!

Don't let the flip-flops fool you, Mr. Rob is the most organized and well prepared teacher I have ever met. He has a "no stress" policy about homework. It's just "extra practice at home". Definitely my most favorite teacher yet. His beach themed room is a riot. Check out the straw umbrella, beach chair, palm tree, and surfboard. He even has camoflauge chair pouches for the kids; blue for boys, purple for girls. Just an overall fun and relaxed environment. His welcome theme invited the kids to "catch a wave into 3rd grade". Matthew, most definitely caught a wave of excitement in starting school today. The first thing he proudly reported was that he wrote his name in cursive for the first time. He's also changed his name to Matt (it doesn't take as long to write as 'Matthew' ) I guess that sort of thing is allowed in our family :)

3 comments:

The Ririe's said...

That 'no stress policy' sounds great! Way to go Matt...I never was very good at cursive...keep it up!

{sheree} said...

I'm so impressed! What a great teacher! I'm sure Matthew...oops..Matt, will have a great 3rd Grade year! =)

Dancewear By Heather said...

you know, I just realized, it is really cool that all 3 of your school age kids got to have their "own" back to school day! Megan on Wed. Matt on Thurs. and Jeremy on Mon.! I bet that won't happen again