Everyday this week I've had appointments and other commitments that have taken me too many hours away from home. My supervisor called yesterday and asked if I could do a home visit for today. I told him I had to check my calendar, and when I did, it was completely blank. Nope, sorry I can't. I was going to be too busy doing nothing.
And nothing is just what I did. The dishes are still in the sink, the laundry is still in sorted piles on the floor, the toys are still scattered througout the house, the toilets still need scrubbing, the beds are still unmade, the cupboards are still bare, my babies are still in their pajamas, and oh-is that the garage door I hear opening? Is it 5:00 already? And I still don't know what's for dinner.
Sorry-I tell him, I've done nothing all day. It's OK, he says with a kiss, you're day of nothing is still busier than my day of somethings.
3 comments:
Oh I love those days...and the husbands that understand!
words of wisdom!
Amen...such a well written post Janice! Sometimes it's necessary to have a day of nothing so that we can focus on the things that are most important, our kids! An understanding husband is a true blessing!
Post a Comment