9:15 pm-Kids (temporarily) settled in bed.
9:18 pm-Put Andrew back in bed, Natalie crying.
9:20pm Take Natalie to bed with me to nurse her to sleep. Fall in and out of sleep as Natalie periodically cries and wrestles in her sleep.
10:58 pm Brent calls from California.
11:04 pm Put Natalie in her swing, listen to her cry. Give gas relief medicine.
11:30 pm Put Natalie back in bed with me. Refuses nursing. Refuses pacifier. Walk around bedroom with her.
12:00 am Back to bed. Natalie restless. Finally falls asleep on my chest as I pat her back. Fall in and out of sleep, intermittently waking up, gasping for air. My allergies so bad, can't breathe well, Natalie on my chest makes it worse.
2:56 am Put Natalie back in swing. Wakes up crying.
2:57 am Leave Natalie screaming in her swing, go downstairs, call Brent for sympathy.
3:02am Desperate for relief. Get up to take antihistamine. Check active ingredients of two different possibilities. Retrieve drug book out of nursing bag in van. Cat's meowing, out of water. Get cat water, cat runs in as I walk out. Chase cat back outside before she pees on my carpet. Back to investigating possible harm of drug to nursing baby. Read sedation as possible side effect. Opt to continue to suffer as I have to get up with Megan in 3 hours.
3:40 am Natalie finally cries herself to sleep in swing.
4:02 am Jeremy comes wandering in my room-Mom, can I sleep with you?
5:00 am Megan comes in-Mom can I start getting ready for school?
6:15 am Get up to help Megan.
6:30 am Matthew and Andrew wake up. Breakfast all around.
6:45 am Megan off to school.
7:00 am Pray Natalie stays asleep and Andrew stays out of trouble as I try to sneek in a few more ZZZZZ's.
8:01am Reprieve over, my little birds are chirping.
Today's schedule: 2:00 pm Jeremy's kindergarten assessment testing, 3:45 pm Natalie's immunizations
Looking forward to another sleepless night as Matthew starts school tomorrow.
4 comments:
Oh Janice! I'm so sorry! Here's to a better night tonight! (and Coke to help you make it through today! =))
I appreciate the challenges you endure while I am out of town working. Thank you for your sacrifices. I expect to be home soon.
Oh that sounds like a rough night...I am so sorry! Good luck Janice...hope you get sleep soon!
why is it that things like this ALWAYS happen when the husbands are gone?!
Post a Comment