So I took Jeremy on Thursday for kindergarten assessment testing. He insisted on bringing his new backpack. Sure, fine. Get to the school, Jeremy's turn. Waiting....waiting. Soon Mrs. Hyre appears with Jeremy's new backpack; no Jeremy. "Here," she said, "we had to...um...make some adjustments." I hope this isn't any indication on how the rest of the year is going to play out.
Making the Cut
On Friday at 4:00 pm, the elementary school promised to have the kindergarten class rosters posted. "Come on, Jeremy, let's go see who your new teacher is going to be!" We searched and searched each class list. No Jeremy. I called Brent, "You're not going to believe this! Jeremy's not listed." A momentary pause, "Oh, so he didn't make the cut for kindergarten?" Very funny.
The Name Game
M-backwards E-upsidedown backwards J-backwards Y. This is how Jeremy writes his name. I've tried to correct him, but he insists that this is how Miss Lindsay (his preschool teacher) taught him how to write his name. That's what I get for not doing my job. Hopefully his new kindergarten teacher (whoever that may be...) will be successful in teaching him how to properly spell his name by first grade. Maybe that's why he didn't make the cut. Or was it the backpack?
No comments:
Post a Comment