This morning I had a vision of what my life will be like in just two short weeks. Andrew and Natalie were awake, while my three older ones were upstairs, peacefully asleep. Andrew was excitedly eating his breakfast, and Natalie was happily entertaining herself, while my three older ones continued to sleep. Five days a week, two and a half hours a day-Andrew and Natalie. I need to say that one more time. Andrew and Natalie.
Once upon a time I was sad to see my little ones graduate to kindergartenhood. Oh, don't get me wrong. Seeing Jeremy venture off into this crazy world definitely tugs at my heartsrings. It's just that twelve weeks of managing five children of varying ages all. day. long. helps one see the wisdom of tax dollars at work in the public school sytem.
Speaking from the heart, I'm truly excited for Jeremy to begin his school days adventures. I'm thrilled for Matthew to escape his boredom of summer. I'm looking forward with anticipation to the few hours of mommy & me time I'll have with my little ones (uninterrupted by requests of older siblings). I'm full of hope, prayers, and apprehension as Megan enters a new level of challenge in her life. And will probably shed even more tears than I did seven years ago as I peek from my back window (maybe with binoculars) while she boards the school bus.
How very fast the time does fly

Megan's first day of kindergarten
August 2001
Matthew's first day of kindergarten August 2005

1974-A very long time ago. Crafton Elementary School, Redlands, California. Nice navy blue shoes with my purple polyester pants. Notice my very short bangs. I cut them myself.
2001-Megan on the same playground at Crafton Elementary School. Notice her very short hair. She cut it herself.


2 comments:
Such cute pictures! Megan looks a lot like you did!
I'm not sure about this kindergarten thing yet...it's growing on me though...kinda.
what a cute idea, where's Brent's? Isn't it amazing how obvious it becomes at the end of summer, that kids really do blossom and need those few hours away from home, learning from someone other than their mother? I love them near, and I'm definately dreading homework and winter, but there is just something magic about the thrill of back to school time, and fresh starts!
Post a Comment